Happy New Year, 2013!

Well, obviously our mighty Year’s Best – and Worst – Books cataclysm wraps up my book-blogging for 2013, but I couldn’t fade into the sunset for the next few days without extending my heartfelt thanks to all of you out there reading Stevereads, whether you’ve been checking in for a few months or a few years (and to those of you who’ve been following my new-book reviews over at the “Open Letters Weekly” annex of my beloved Open Letters Monthly). I’ve said from the beginning that I intend Stevereads to be the autobiography of my reading, and every year I’m a little bit more amazed at how unpredictable and rewarding that personal trek can be. I’m more glad than I can say to learn from your emails that it’s been rewarding for some of you as well.

I’ll be disappearing now in my own run-up to the turning of the year, but in 2014 I hope to be back and full of new book discoveries (and foragings in me darling Penny Press, of course) to share with all of you. As always, it’ll be my pleasure.

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all of you!

me & the baby 15 feb 2013

6 Comments to Happy New Year, 2013!

1. Chuck Darwin's Gravatar Chuck Darwin
    December 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks Steve. Happy New Year to you and your canine companion as well!

2. Robert's Gravatar Robert
    December 30, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks Steve, for another year from the greatest blog on the interwebs!

Damn, that hound looks blissfully wrinkly.

3. GW's Gravatar GW
    December 30, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Happy New Years to you, too, Steve, and thanks for the consistently awesome blogging.

I’d get your leg checked for hairline fractures, though.

4. JC's Gravatar JC
    December 31, 2013 at 1:23 am | Permalink

Malen took the picture?

5. Peter's Gravatar Peter
    January 7, 2014 at 2:12 am | Permalink

I’m glad you will be back .

I enjoy your eclectic mix of books – some I have no intention of reading (I am not a comic fan), others I add to an ever expanding list. I what I like most of all is your honesty & conviction. I never feel like you have been bought out by some publisher, or pandering to a cause. Plus, you re heartfelt – both in the books you enjoy and those that you despise. Finally, I enjoy the WHY you disliked a title; for me this is important & you leave me in the state of a plunge into a bracing mountain stream.

I’m hoping you are well stocked in non electrical lighting in case one of those ice storms unfortunately hit your area. Alternatively, you could come visit & experience intense heat & bleached skies from a burning sun :-D

6. January 7, 2014 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Happy New Year! (Albeit a good week late.) I hugely enjoy your posts popping up in my email inbox; you always have something interesting and thought-provoking (and generally amusing) to say. Here’s to another grand year of reading and writing about it!

~Barb

Welcome!

I intend Stevereads to be the ongoing autobiography of my reading - but I still love interaction! Readers are welcome to email me on any bookish subject under the sun, and if you want me to send you a copy of anything I discuss here, just say the word!

st.donoghue[at]comcast.net